The Mobility District, Surreal water feature and Al Wasl Plaza
will transform into a magical land, lined with traditional chalet-style market stalls, pine trees and fun fairground games, and featuring a towering tree and a letter-to-Santa station.
23 November 2022 to
8 January 2023
15:00 – 23:00
School winter break times
10 December to 1 January
10:00 – 23:00
Winter City is free to visit,
with charges applicable for some activities and workshops.
If you’re driving to Expo City Dubai, you can reach here from all major roads. Follow the signs for one of the four designated parking zones, where you’ll find approximately 9,500 parking bays in total.
Winter City activities
- Challenge yourself to the Bag Jump, Zipline and ice climbing wall
- Skate accross Opti's Frozen Lake or test your aim with our ball games and duck fishing!
- let your creative side out with gingerbread decoration, t-shirt drawing, wreath making - and ornament-making workshops; a toy factory that customises teddy bears ;
- Visit Santa's House, or get a picture with Santa's sleigh on your way to the Snow Globe experience in Al Wasl
- For the not so active, the hot chocolate, mulled drinks and mince pies will sweeten the food-and-beverage offering
- Find the perfect gift for your loved ones or treat yourself with the many stores set up for the occasion
Al Wasl festivities
- Other highlights at Al Wasl include a dazzling ceremony from Friday, 9 December (18:00-18:15 each evening) that will bring to life Winter City with the lighting up of the jaw-dropping 52-foot tree
- The second edition of Expo 2020’s popular Mrs. Claus’s Surprise from 26-29 December
- Toy Soldiers show from 30-December - 8-January appearing in short clock-work routines every night
- A first-of-its-kind Carols by Candlelight from 20-25 December; and nightly projection shows.
- Carols by Candelight tickets on Platiumlist
- If your kids are between 6 to 12 years old, Winter Camp @ Expo City Dubai is the place for them. Running from 12 to 23 December, 9am to 2:30pm, no two winter camp days will be the same. During the first week, children will get to explore Terra – the Sustainability Pavilion, start their day with movement, learn about organic planting and create magical arts and crafts. The second week will be all about Innovation at Terra, with active mornings, STEM workshops and the chance to train as an Expo City tour guide.
- Places are limited so book your spot as soon as registration goes live. Early bird discount available until 5 December.
- Winter Camp tickets on Platinumlist
- Winter City will also mark 51 years since the UAE’s founding, with National Day commemorations running from 1-4 December and a special concert on 2 December.
- National Day celebration on Platinumlist
- Download National Day Programme PDF (1.7MB)
- Expo City Dubai is now a dog-friendly destination, and four-legged friends are welcome to make the most of the extensive outdoor spaces, with designated stations offering complimentary bowls of water, dog treats and waste bags.
- Kicking off with its family-friendly Fan City on 20 November for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, Expo City Dubai will offer 50 days of festivities that capture the spirit of the season.
- Fan City @ Expo City